[pstricks] behavior of \parametricplotThreeD

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Dec 30 16:45:42 CET 2011

I am trying to draw a hyperbola in the xy-plane, and another, similar one in the yz-plane.
When I use \parametricplotThreeD, I get the first one, but the second ends up as a line segment on the z-axis.

More precisely, the code below (trying to draw one branch of each) leads to the attached picture.  Is the problem somehow related to the fact that the first entry in the second (blue) plot is zero?

\begin{pspicture}(-3,-3.5)(3,3.5)
\pstThreeDCoor%
[linecolor=black, xMin=-3, xMax=4,yMin=-3, yMax=4,zMin=-4, zMax=4]
\parametricplotThreeD[linecolor=red](-2,2){%
t dup t mul 4 mul 36 add sqrt
0
}

\parametricplotThreeD[linecolor=blue](-2,2){%
0
t dup t mul 4 mul 36 add sqrt 3 div
}