[pstricks] pst-plot psBoxplot outliers customization

Jakob Klein mail at jakobklein.at
Fri Dec 2 14:29:49 CET 2011

Hello dear PS-Trick Experts,

I am using PSTricks currently in Tex Live 2011 (rev 22268, v1.29) with a
latex - dvips workflow under GNU/Linux Ubuntu 10.04 86_64.  Everything
works so far and I can make my boxplots very easily (thats very nice!).
Just one thing I do not know how to change, and haven't found in the
pst-plot-doc, Herbert Voß PSTricks 6th German Edition (no psBoxplot at
all!) nor in the mailing list archives:

The outliers are plotted with small circles filled in red.  I can change
the filling of the box itself, but not the outliers.  I want to either
change the symbol to an plain black asterisk or make the fill of the
circle gray as I have to keep the plot in grayscale.

Maybe someone has an idea or does know where to point me to in the
documentation.

A minimal example created from Herbert Voß example in the documentation
and the output showing what I mean (see value 60).

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(2,9)
\psset{yunit=0.1,fillstyle=solid}

\savedata{\data}[20 30 20 35 35 20 20 60 50 20 35 15 30 20 40]
\rput(1,0){\psBoxplot[fillcolor=black!30]{\data}}

\psaxes[xAxis=false, tickstyle=bottom, dy=1cm ,Dy=10](0,0)(2,80)

Thank you for the help,
Jakob Klein