[pstricks] smoothing 3d plot (pst-3dplot with fileplotThreeD)

Toche, Patrick ptoche at cityu.edu.hk
Tue Nov 22 08:55:33 CET 2011

> it is easier to plot your values when all are multiplied
> by eg 1000. The axes label, however, can then have an additional
> marker like $\cdot10^{-3}$

okay thanks, now I understand this. Changing the label marker is no problem.

> all are in a queue like x y z x y z x y z ... and you can
> scan all values if they are in a min -- max interval and
> kill a x y z triple with the pop command, like I already
> showed.

> I gave you an example, how you can test for a minimal x value.
> It is the same for y and z.
>
> x y z x y z x y z
>
> to rotate the last three you can use 3 1 roll, then
> you have x y z x y z z x y, with -1 it's the other way
> round.
>
> x y z x y z z x y dup
> is then
> x y z x y z z x y y
> and you can test for a vlue
> x y z x y z z x y y 0.001 lt { delete the record and update m }
>                               { roll back to get x y z } ifelse
>
> in the end you have values only in your given intervals

I'll need to think about this, it looks like it might take me a little while to process. I know what to look for, so I'm not completely at sea (not completely). Will get back to you to report on progress.

Thanks Herbert, very kind of you,

Patrick.