[pstricks] smoothing 3d plot (pst-3dplot with fileplotThreeD)

Tue Nov 22 08:32:45 CET 2011

Am 20.11.2011 20:51, schrieb Toche, Patrick:
> Some basic questions, that should set me back on track:
>
> Please refer to the pst-3dplot documentation, the section discussing the Roessler system,
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-3dplot/
>
> Given the data, which may be retrieved here:
>
> ftp://ftp.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/pub/TeX/CTAN/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-3dplot/pst-3dplot-doc.dat
>
> how does one know how to set the following?
>
> \begin{pspicture}(-6,-3)(6,10)%
>
>    \psset{%
>      xunit = 0.5cm
>      , yunit = 0.5cm
>    }%
>
> How does one get the units right?

that is only important in the very end when you have to save
a box for TeX's typesetting. At a start you can use
\begin{pspicture}(-5,-5)(5,5)

with
\psframebox{%
\begin{pspicture}(-5,-5)(5,5)
\end{pspicture}}

it is easy to control the sense of the values