[pstricks] smoothing 3d plot (pst-3dplot with fileplotThreeD)

Tue Nov 22 08:15:56 CET 2011

Am 20.11.2011 20:59, schrieb Toche, Patrick:

>> that is only an example how one can modify the data for a better
>> plot in a coordinate system. You can choose any other value, just as
>> you like.
>
> any other value of what? like replacing

it is easier to plot your values when all are multiplied
by eg 1000. The axes label, however, can then have an additional
marker like $\cdot10^{-3}$

> and how do I know what values to take? Do I need to go by trial and error? if so, it's impossible because I plan to draw many, many such plots. I'm looking for a systematic way.

all are in a queue like x y z x y z x y z ... and you can
scan all values if they are in a min -- max intervall and
kill a x y z triple with the pop command, like I already
showed.

> can psgraph help at all here? I haven't seen any 3D examples of its use.

I gave you an example, how you can test for a minimal x value.
It is the same for y and z.

x y z x y z x y z

to rotate the last three you can use 3 1 roll, then
you have x y z x y z z x y, with -1 it's the other way
round.

x y z x y z z x y dup
is then
x y z x y z z x y y
and you can test for a vlue
x y z x y z z x y y 0.001 lt { delete the record and update m }
                              { roll back to get x y z } ifelse

in the end you have values only in your given intervals