[pstricks] smoothing 3d plot (pst-3dplot with fileplotThreeD)

Toche, Patrick ptoche at cityu.edu.hk
Sun Nov 20 20:59:40 CET 2011

> >  \makeatletter%
> > \pst at def{ScalePointsThreeD}<%
> >      counttomark dup dup cvi eq not { exch pop } if
> >      /m exch def /n m 3 div cvi def
> >      n {  % checkdata
> >        3 -1 roll % y z x
> >        dup \xMinVal lt { pop pop pop /m m 3 sub def }{ 3 1 roll m 3 roll
>
> if the current x value is less than \xMinVal, then delete all three
> x y z elements from the stack and decrease the number of data records

Thanks for this explanation Herbert, it does clarify things quite a bit.

> that is only an example how one can modify the data for a better
> plot in a coordinate system. You can choose any other value, just as
> you like.

any other value of what? like replacing

        n {
       tx at 3DPlotDict begin
       10 mul   %%%% all * 10
       3 1 roll 10 mul
       3 1 roll 10 mul
       3 1 roll
       saveCoor

by

        n {
       tx at 3DPlotDict begin
       100 mul
       3 1 roll 100 mul
       3 1 roll 100 mul
       3 1 roll
       saveCoor

?

and how do I know what values to take? Do I need to go by trial and error? if so, it's impossible because I plan to draw many, many such plots. I'm looking for a systematic way.

How did you select the values of the Roessler system?

can psgraph help at all here? I haven't seen any 3D examples of its use.

Thanks Herbert.

Thanks!