[pstricks] dashed lines stopped working?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Tue Oct 11 07:11:44 CEST 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, Herbert Voss wrote:

> and here is mine with current TeXLive 2011:
>
> *File List*
> article.cls    2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
etc..

Thanks for your reply..

It turns out there are two things going on here.  One, I did not know how
to properly update texlive-- I have solved this problem, and now my file
versions are the same as yours.  However, I still don't have any .pro
files listed.  And my file still doesn't build.

I can verify that those files actually exist on my system:

brandon at coral$ locate pst-algparser.pro
/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/dvips/pstricks/pst-algparser.pro
brandon at coral$

but for some reason they are not being invoked in the file listing.
Assuming this is the reason for the failure, can you suggest why they are
not loaded or how to load them?

Many thanks,
Brandon