[pstricks] Problem with pstricks/tex4ht when using \rput

Wed Sep 28 15:53:42 CEST 2011

Am 28.09.2011 15:02, schrieb Oliver Körber:

> I convert using the command ' htlatex test.tex html "" -d/tmp/ '
>
> Additional info:
>
> I tracked down the problem to the execution of the convert utility. I commented out the deletion of the generated postscript files inside the .env file and could look at my zztest.ps file. When I open it with TeXShop, which transforms it to pdf for viewing purposes, everything looks perfectly fine. My generated picture looks exactly the way it should, with the painted line AND the text. Whenever I run the convert command to convert the postscript version into the png image the cropping takes place. This also happens when I remove all parameters, only typing ' convert zztest.ps output.png '. So it doesn't have to do with the parameters I suppose
>
> PSTricks says: `PSTricks' v2.08<2010/06/06>  (tvz)
> ImageMagick: ImageMagick 6.6.1-3 2010-04-16
>
> Is there any known bug concerning this problem? Can I use another command instead of rput to place my text elements that could perhaps be a workaround?

the bounding box of the created eps image is wrong. You can
try it with (after running htlatex):

dvips -E -Ppdf -mode ibmvga -D 110 -f <file>.idv -pp 2  > zz<file>.ps

creates the (e)ps with wrong bb

epstool --bbox --copy zz<file>.ps zz<file>.eps

is a eps with a correct one and an additional convert will
give an also orrect png image.

I have no idea how htlatex can be configured to add that additional
step. An alternativ naybe to use \fbox{...} around the pspicture
environment.