[pstricks] transparency

Sat Sep 24 10:55:45 CEST 2011

Am 24.09.2011 09:49, schrieb Doris Behrendt:
> hi list,
> how can I get transparency running on a windows machine?
> at the moment my working environment is:
> texlive 2010
> texworks
> windows 7
> and I don't want to upgrade to 2011 right now;

this should also work with 2010

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(4,4)
   \rput(2,2){\psshadowbox[linecolor=black,shadowcolor=blue,
     fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=blue!40,
     framearc=0.6,framesep=4mm]{\Huge Foo}}
   \psframe[opacity=0.4,linecolor=red,fillstyle=solid,
            fillcolor=red!40](4,4)

If not then it is also possible to copy the tarzip from
http://texnik.dante.de/ over your existing 2010 pstricks part.
After running texhash you have PStricks 2011 on TL2010