[pstricks] movie15

Patrice MÉGRET Patrice.MEGRET at umons.ac.be
Thu Sep 15 15:44:10 CEST 2011

Dear Alexander,

Thanks

Patrice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pstricks-bounces at tug.org [mailto:pstricks-bounces at tug.org] De la part de Alexander Grahn
Envoyé : jeudi 15 septembre 2011 15:25
À : Graphics with PSTricks
Objet : Re: [pstricks] movie15

Dear Patrice,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:25:53PM +0000, Patrice MÉGRET wrote:
>Dear Alexander,
>
>Thanks for this explanation.
>
>If I clearly understand, ps2pdf is used to convert the ps file to the pdf file. After dvips, I get a ps file that I can correctly convert to pdf with ps2pdf from Texlive2010 (but that one seems to use gs8.71).

ps2pdf -dNOSAFER
should now work with gs-9.02 too.

>What I can still no do, is to open the ps file with Ghostview 4.9 when it is based on gs9.02. I changed the Ghostscript Options field to  -dNOSAFER -dNOPLATFONTS -sFONTPATH="c:\psfonts"  in the Advanced Configure but when I try to open the ps file I get this error message (so even prior to any conversion to pdf by pdwrite):
>
>GPL Ghostscript 9.02 (2011-03-30)
>Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
>Displaying DSC file D:/test/test.ps
>Displaying page 1
>Error: /invalidfileaccess in --file--
>Operand stack:
>   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   (preforme.swf)   (r)
>
>So as I am not expert in ps and pdf, I don't see how to solve that trouble.
>If you have any advice to give me (even a link to dedicated website) I am very interested.

the Postscript operation `(preforme.swf)  (r) file' seems to be executed when the page content is interpreted by Ghostscript and sent to GsView.

However, this operation is relevant only for producing PDF when pdfwrite is invoked and should be ignored otherwise, e.g. for viewing purposes, as in your case.

Normally, hyperref package should insert necessary commands into the PS file which prevents code appearing within pdfmarks from being executed if Ghostscript is not in PDF producing mode. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work properly here.

As I have no idea how to fix this immediately, I suggest not to use the intermediate PS file for viewing, but the final PDF and to use a different viewer (Adobe Reader or Evince or Xpdf).

Alexander