[pstricks] movie15

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at hzdr.de
Wed Sep 14 11:40:01 CEST 2011

Bonjour!

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:59:26AM +0000, Patrice MÉGRET wrote:
>Dear Alexander,
>Dear list members
>
>I use movie15 and animate with powerdot presentations and it works very well.
>
>I use latex -> dvips -> ghostview to convert ps file to pdf file. Now, my gs version is 9.02
>In general, I don't embed the movies (inline=false) and everything works well in slide and handout modes.
>
>To have only one complete file, I was trying to embed the movies by inline=true and I always get an error with gs9.02 when it try to open the file generated by dvips. I was only able to embed  the movies by going back to gs8.70.
>
>Do you have similar behavior?

Indeed, with gs-9.04 I get:

  Error: /invalidfileaccess in --file--
  Operand stack:
     --nostringval--   --nostringval--   (random.mpg)   (r)

I seems that the PS operator `file' has been marked `unsafe' even for file
reading operations, `(r)', as it was before only for writing operations,
`(w)'.

>Does anybody has a way to overcome this problem
Yes, to overcome this, run ps2pdf with option `-dNOSAFER'.

Kind regards,
Alexander