[pstricks] pst-barcode: pspicture size calculation for automatic placement

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Mon Aug 1 11:32:57 CEST 2011

Werner Grundlingh <wgrundlingh at gmail.com> writes:

> Here are the steps you need to follow:
> [1] Generate the barcode in myfile.tex. Be sure to add
> \pagestyle{empty} to the single-page document/pspicture.
> [2] latex myfile.tex
> [3] dvips -E myfile.dvi -o myfile.ps
> [4] If the bounding box is not tight enough around the image after [3], use
>   epstool --copy --bbox --gs "C:\Program
> Files\Ghostscript\gs9.02\bin\gswin64c" myfile.ps myfile.eps
> [5] epstopdf myfile.eps --outfile=myfile.pdf

Thanks, I'll test that.

> Explain a little more about your second request, since it is not 100%
> clear to me what you mean. That is, \centering withing
> \begin{figure}...\end{figure} centers its contents.

A bizcard[1] is a picture in which you \put() things.

At the back of my cards[2] I place 2 images around the barcode.

The barcode is centered, vertically and horizontally, the images are
centered in the remaining spaces.

To do this, I need to know the size of the barcode.

Now you give me an answer to generated a tight image, so I can use
\includegraphic in a savebox and define to lengths with \settowidth and
\settoheight.

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/bizcard