[pstricks] Re : R: Re : R: Re : PSTricks code -- pst-solides3d

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 10 20:21:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Manuel Luque wrote:

> Carlo wrote :
>
> >Only a last question: wich program do you use to generate .dat file like ones in attachment for surfaces? I use mac os x 10.5.
>
> I use pst-solides3d.
> LaTeX-> dvips-> ghostscript (GSview)
>
> In Chapter 5, pst-solides3d:The Documentation : "Usage of external files", explains the method for Linux and Windows. For Mac I do not know, but I think it's the same as for Windows. (MacGSView)
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> Note: By default, under Windows and Linux, the security of files on the hard drive is activated
> and doesn’t allow to write on the drive. To deactivate that security option, more or less temporarily,
> here the two corresponding procedures:
> Linux: The advice from Jean-Michel Sarlat: the simplest will be to use GhostScript directly, within
> the console. As there is no image to wait for:
> $> gs -dNOSAFER monfichier.ps quit.ps
> Windows: Within the menue Options, the option Security of files must be turned to unchecked.
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> A Mac user can confirm?
> The files are generated by the interpreter GhostScript.

Under Mac OS X, the workflow is essentially the same as Linux, but without gv. So,

LaTeX->dvips

gs -dNOSAFER <tex file>.ps quit.ps

which produces the .dat files.

When making the final run to include the .dat files, there seems too be a serious problem running the current gs. Any attempt to run

gs -dSAFER

seems to make the run command fail with error: /invalidfileacess, and this prevents the use of ps2pdf. It appears the same bug afflicts a number of earlier versions of gs as well.

Michael