[pstricks] Re : R: Re : R: Re : PSTricks code -- pst-solides3d

Manuel Luque mluque5130 at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 18:21:29 CEST 2011

 Carlo wrote :

>Only a last question: wich program do you use to generate .dat file like ones in attachment for surfaces? I use mac os x 10.5.

I use pst-solides3d.
LaTeX-> dvips-> ghostscript (GSview)

In Chapter 5, pst-solides3d:The Documentation : "Usage of external files", explains the method for Linux and Windows. For Mac I do not know, but I think it's the same as for Windows. (MacGSView)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Note: By default, under Windows and Linux, the security of files on the hard drive is activated
and doesn’t allow to write on the drive. To deactivate that security option, more or less temporarily,
here the two corresponding procedures:
Linux: The advice from Jean-Michel Sarlat: the simplest will be to use GhostScript directly, within
the console. As there is no image to wait for:
$> gs -dNOSAFER monfichier.ps quit.ps
Windows: Within the menue Options, the option Security of files must be turned to unchecked.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A Mac user can confirm?
The files are generated by the interpreter GhostScript.

As a first step, the file must uncomment all the lines.

%\codejps{ % bicone de rayon 3 et de 1/2 hauteur 5
%-5 3 0 [24 60] newcone
% 5 3 0 [24 60] newcone
% dup solidfacesreverse
% solidfuz
%(bicone) writesolidfile
% }

\codejps{ % bicone de rayon 3 et de 1/2 hauteur 5
-5 3 0 [24 60] newcone
 5 3 0 [24 60] newcone
 dup solidfacesreverse
 solidfuz
(bicone) writesolidfile
 }

idem for:

%\psset{solidmemory}
%\psSolid[object=datfile,
%   file=bicone,
%   plansepare={[0 0.5 1 -3]},
%   name=biconepartellipse,
%  action=none]
%\psSolid[object=load,
%   load=biconepartellipse1,
%   file=biconepartellipse1,action=writesolid]
%\psSolid[object=load,
%   load=biconepartellipse0,
%   file=biconepartellipse0,action=writesolid]
%

\psset{solidmemory}
\psSolid[object=datfile,
   file=bicone,
   plansepare={[0 0.5 1 -3]},
   name=biconepartellipse,
  action=none]
\psSolid[object=load,
   load=biconepartellipse1,
   file=biconepartellipse1,action=writesolid]
\psSolid[object=load,
   load=biconepartellipse0,
   file=biconepartellipse0,action=writesolid]

LaTeX->dvips->GhostScript:(GSview)

.dat files are then written.

Then you can adjust the view, light, colors etc. comment these lines again: the compilation will be very fast.

Best regards,

ML