[pstricks] Setting Landscape Mode

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 8 23:11:29 CEST 2011

   I don't see why the [landscape] option to \documentclass{article} puts the
figure on the second page in portrait orientation rather than on one page in
landscape orientation. The code starts with,

\documentclass[landscape]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage{pst-node,pst-dbicons}
\seticonparams{entity}{shadow=true,fillcolor=blue!30,fillstyle=solid}
\seticonparams{attribute}{fillcolor=magenta!10,fillstyle=solid}
\seticonparams{relationship}{shadow=true,fillcolor=green!20,fillstyle=solid}

   I've tried explictly setting letterpaper, too, but that makes no
difference. I can send the entire file (all 6k worth) if that's desired.

   This is a large, complex database schema and I need to space it out so
it's all readable. As this is my first use of pst-dbicons I'm working one
tiny step at a time. The first thing is to have it in landscape orientation
so there's room for everything.

Rich