[pstricks] DVI previews and PDF building stops working with PSTricks in my setup

Jorge Ramos neyuru at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:56:26 CEST 2011

I've created a new profile Latex-Ps-Pdf, but with no success (any
important setting that might be of great importance?). The last 5
lines in the "build" tab of the output in texniccenter are:

`ps-fp' v0.05, 2010/01/17 (hv))
`PsTricks' v2.21 <2011/06/07> (tvz)
(C:\path_to_Miktex2.9\tex\generic\pstricks\pstricks.con"))
(C:\path_to_Miktex2.9\tex\generic\pstricks\pst-fp.tex")latex.exe: GUI
framework cannot be initialized

and in the "parse" tab:

Begin parsing time, today's date
WARNINGsymbol Found unmatched document
End parsing time...
1 file 27 lines

Also, I tried disabling the color and graphicx packages with no
success. The example that I sent earlier does not make use of the
pstricks package as no commands from it are used, it is only declared
in the preamble. The problem persists: I can't preview any changes
made in the document (simple text) when pstricks is enabled... Maybe
the build profile is not correctly constructed? I am not using YAP as
a previwer anymore and even when the PDF building seems to work (PDF
files are created when pstricks is not enabled), it behaves the same
way as when YAP was active.

Help! Please!