[pstricks] DVI previews and PDF building stops working with PSTricks in my setup

Fri Jul 1 07:17:59 CEST 2011

Am 01.07.2011 06:48, schrieb Jorge Ramos:
> Herbert: Did you mean the package color? (I didn't explicitly load the
> xcolor package, unless it is called automatically from another
> package?)

pstricks itself loads xcolor, the reason why you do not need to load
the package color.

> I am perplexed... I still can't preview any changes made in the above
> example when pstricks is activated. Also, I cannot build any PDF when
> using pstricks even when there are no error messages. Only when I
> disable pstricks in the preamble, YAP previews correctly any changes
> made and also I can build a PDF files. Is there any log that I can
> show you that can help in sorting out this?

it makes no sense to view the dvi output when working with
PSTricks. Yap cannot show all with PSTricks created graphics.
Choose the output format ps or pdf instead. When using the
adobe reader for pdf you have to reload the document every time
when you change sonething in the document source.
It makes more sense to use Sumatra PDF instead of acroread.