[pstricks] DVI previews and PDF building stops working with PSTricks in my setup

Jorge Ramos neyuru at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 06:48:44 CEST 2011

Herbert: Did you mean the package color? (I didn't explicitly load the
xcolor package, unless it is called automatically from another
package?)

I am perplexed... I still can't preview any changes made in the above
example when pstricks is activated. Also, I cannot build any PDF when
using pstricks even when there are no error messages. Only when I
disable pstricks in the preamble, YAP previews correctly any changes
made and also I can build a PDF files. Is there any log that I can
show you that can help in sorting out this?

Carsten: It is obvoius that I don't understand Latex for I don't know
the difference between DVI and dvips... in Texniccenter I have enabled
either Latex->DVI when previewing or Latex->PDF for building the final
document. What about the reccomended programs? latex? latex? (was
typed two times?)

May I add that I want to use Pstricks to build great figures for my
documents but, then again, DVI stops working when enabled nor can I
build PDF's.

sorry for the inconvenience,

Jorge.