[pstricks] Future of pstricks-add?

Mon Jun 6 21:08:33 CEST 2011

Am 06.06.2011 20:54, schrieb David Arnold:

> % !TEX TS-program = latex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pstricks-add}

[...]

> However, it does use pstricks-add and you did remind us:
>
> "I am sorry, but as I always said and wrote in the preamble of the
> documentation, using pstricks-add is "leaving on the edge". It
> contains mostly experimental code which may later move back into
> the corresponding packages."

pstricks-add loads

\ifx\PSTricksLoaded\endinput\else \input pstricks \fi
\ifx\PSTplotLoaded\endinput\else  \input pst-plot \fi
\ifx\PSTnodesLoaded\endinput\else \input pst-node \fi
\ifx\PSTthreeDLoaded\endinput\else\input pst-3d   \fi
\ifx\MultidoLoaded\endinput\else  \input multido  \fi
\ifx\PSTXKeyLoaded\endinput\else  \input pst-xkey \fi
\ifx\PSTmathLoaded\endinput\else  \input pst-math \fi

This is the reason why it is the same as loading only pst-plot in
your example. The above packages will always be loaded and this
will not  be changed in the future! You only have to pay attention for
new features in pstricks-add, they may not always be bug free.
That is the only limitation! Code which seems to be useful
will move from pstricks-add into the base package. But this
is not really of interest to the user if he/she uses always
pstricks-add.

I hope that the situation is now clear?