[pstricks] \fileplot or \dataplot for polar coordinates

Mon May 9 11:30:08 CEST 2011

Am 09.05.2011 09:31, schrieb Uwe Siart:
> My first idea was to use \pstScalePoints for coordinate transform.
> However, it is not possible (to my knowledge) to address both x and y
> data in the xPS and yPS fields for PostScript code, which would be
> essential for cartesian-to-polar.

Uwe,
read the data into a macro with \readdata and then use
\listplot. Here an example where I used a defined macro
for some demo data records:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\savedata{\data}[
1 0
1.5 45
2 90
2.5 135
3 180
3.5 225
4 270
4.5 315
]
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}[showgrid](-3,-3)(3,3)
\psset{unit=0.5}
\pstScalePoints(1,1){}{ PtoC }
\listplot[plotstyle=curve,linecolor=red]{\data}
\listplot[plotstyle=dots]{\data}

You can use \pstScalePoints if you use only the y parameter setting.
If it doesn't help, then provide a data file.