[pstricks] externalize pdf images with pstricks

mathias legrand legrand.mathias at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:53:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm planning to work on a Latex document with figures based on numerical
simulations, mostly. I want to use pstricks but figure by figure only to
get the respective pdf to be included in the main document (the latter
being compiled by pdflatex). What I'd like to have is a folder with one
pstricks tex file for each figure and a main tex document defining the
pstricks parameters like color, with thickness and everything related to
the figures. This main figure document would include
\include{figures.tex} commands so that compiling selected figures could
be possible. At the end of the compilation of this file, I should have a
list of pdf files such as figure1.pdf, figure2.pdf.... correctly
cropped. Is there somewhere a piece of code that does this job?

Thank you