[pstricks] More first time troubles

Michael S Cloud mcloud1 at gmu.edu
Wed Apr 20 17:57:58 CEST 2011

Hi

   With the help of folks on here I got my pstricks in Miktek to build with no pstricks commands actually being used.  However, when I add in the following single line it fails.  The line is \pscircle{1.5}  so basically my code looks like

\usepackage{pstricks}

\begin{document}

some text and math sections

\pscircle{1.5}%

some more text

\begin{bibliography}

bib stuff

\end{bibliography}

\end{document}

I get 4 errors on compiling all of which disappear if I take out the pscircle command.
The errors are:
1.91 \pscircle{1.5} !Undefined control sequence. <recently read> \c at lor@to at ps
!Undefined control sequence \XC at usec@lor ...string \color@ #1#2\endcsname \@@   \fi \space
!Undefined control sequence. <recently read> \c at lor@to at ps
!Undefined control sequence \XC at usec@lor ...string \color@ #1#2\endcsname \@@   \fi \space

I've tried using different packages such as pstcol (as per pstricks document) I've tried including or not including various other graphics packages such as graphicx and color none of this makes any difference.  The PSTricks documentation talks about problems with delimiters but my code has only the barest of delimiters.  I put in comment symbols (%) to ensure I didn't have a problem there, following PSTricks docs suggestions.  None of this is working.

It seems likely the problem is in Miktex, not pstricks, but the Miktex documentation I'm aware of doesn't discuss issues with specific packages other than the one problem I had last time...

So... If anyone knows what's going on... I sure would appreciate it.

Mike