[pstricks] newbie question

Wed Apr 20 08:17:16 CEST 2011

Am 19.04.2011 17:59, schrieb Simon Fleming:
> I have downloaded the files from http://ctan.sqsol.co.uk/graphics/pstricks/base/generic/ and trying to create a PDF from zzz.tex
>
> I am using TexShop on the mac, but having read lots of things regarding typesetting and without any success have switch to compiling from the command line:
>
> latex zzz.tex
> dvips zzz.ps
>
> both appear to work ,however I am unable to open the ps file or convert it, its almost like its corrupt or broken?
> Is anyone using the mac, what setup do they recommend? Am I doing something wrong?

convert the file to PDF with ghostscript (ps2pdf) and
view the pdf or run the file with xelatex.

However, this file is only by default that directory,
choose one of the examples from http://PSTricks.tug.org
if you want to test a file.

Herbert

p.s. you should subscribe to the list, if you want
to be sure to get all answers