[pstricks] PST-BAR TROUBLE

Carsten Vogel texnicer at web.de
Mon Apr 11 09:50:26 CEST 2011

Am 10.04.2011 18:12, schrieb Enrico Martoglio:
> Hi everybody,
> I've got a problem with the y-labels of a horizontal-oriented bar chart
> (see the .ps attachment).
>
> The "Marchionneschi" label doens't fit at all and the other ones are
> spanned on 2 lines... 2 bad for me.

I tried "barlabelrot=40, barcolsep=0.1" for better results.
To have the "layout" put into the .cvs seems bad to me.
It looks like psbarchart is too unflexible regarding the "labelwidth".
Either seek a parameter or do by hand.

Then I thought, what about an evil dirty hack?
First generalize the Layout of those labels -> <label> \Layout{<label>}
in CVS.

Then I thought using a hook instead of a label itself (\rput[r]), some
minor and dirty shifting and: voilá.

see attachment

Carsten,
from Germany