[pstricks] Command line shell escape

Simon Hayward SHayward at agenda21digital.com
Mon Feb 21 18:07:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

My apologies, I am sure you have all heard this question before, but I
have looked before asking.

I am trying to enable PStricks for pdflatex. I understand that I have to
enter --enable-shell-escape on the command line or -enable-write18 on
the command line.

The problem is that I have navigated to MikTex on the command line. I
have tried enabling under Tex, Texworks and everything else I can think
of but the command -enable is never recognised.

Can anyone please advise me as to where I need to enable it? I have
wasted several hours on this so far, I am very grateful if someone can
put me out of my misery. I am sure I have missed something very obvious.

I am using MikTex 2.9 on a Windows 7 machine.

Simon Hayward