[pstricks] Problems with \pscustom and "distiller"

Juergen Gilg gilg at acrotex.net
Wed Feb 16 23:23:55 CET 2011

Dear list,

setting up some example file with \pscustom, i wondered why there
are different PDF outputs either using the "non-distiller"
version or the "distiller" version for the basic "pstricks" package.

Now that i prefer using the "distiller"version for whatever
reason, I would be happy to have the same output PDF than with
"Ghostscript" or DVI output in both cases.

There is no difference in the DVI output -- only in the PDF
output -- so the problem is located in the "dvips" driver or the
"distiller" generation of the PDF.

Is there anyone out there knowing about that probem esp. for
\pscustom?

If there is somebody, please try

(1) the given code and generate the PDF,
(2) change the % character symbol and give "distiller" a chance
and generate the PDF again with Acrobat.

The PDF looks different for whatever reason. Is there a way to
fix this?

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
%\usepackage[distiller]{pstricks}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(-2,-2)(2,2)
\pscustom[linecolor=gray!60,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=gray!60]{
\pscurve(0,2)(0.3,0.3)(2,0)
\pscurve(2,0)(0.3,-0.3)(0,-2)
\pscurve(0,-2)(-0.3,-0.3)(-2,0)
\pscurve(-2,0)(-0.3,0.3)(0,2)
}
\psframe(-2,-2)(2,2)
\pscircle*(0,0){0.2}
\psline[linecolor=white,linewidth=2pt](-0.15,0)(0.15,0)

Sorry to disturb with workflows using commercial applications,
but the "distiller" option is available, so I just wanted to
report a very strange behaviour.

I would be happy to have some ideas to avoid this behaviour in
"distiller".

Best regards,

Juergen

--