[pstricks] Where the $#@$#@ is the Div operator defined?!

foobaz_utne at yahoo.com foobaz_utne at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:00:16 CET 2011

Hello,

Please excuse my bluntness but, I've been searching for over an hour trying to resolve, what I think should be, a simple problem. I find no reference to the problem in the mail archives but I can't be the only one having this problem.

I just discovered this incredible package and kudos to all who've contributed. I want to use the pst-math.pro package strictly with hand-written postscript code and not with Tex. Upon trying out the TAN function, which is sorely lacking in the postscript language, I received the dreaded " Error: /undefined in Div". In the manual, I read with alacrity, "TAN is defined with Div, a special PSTricks operator". Oh good, so this handles the div by 0/infinity problem right? Imagine my dismay when I find out Div is not defined in the immediate package. So the natural question is, "where is it defined?" I looked at numerous add-on packages to no avail. It would only seem logical that it would be defined within pst-math.pro, but alas, it is not. Can ayone point out where it is?

Thanks.