[pstricks] Issue with rotation of objects in package pst-3dplot

David Tarazona daleotar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:41:39 CET 2010

Hi, and thanks for the support.
I have a trouble about rotation of objects in package pst-3dplot
Usually, if i want to rotate an object using the euler rotation i can use
the option "eulerRotation=true" and then, specify the rotation with RotZ=45
for example.
My problem is I do not want a rotation around the point (0,0,0) but from
another point in space.
For instance, this example graphs a line with length 1 rotating about z-axis
in (0,0,0) 45 degrees (the Alpha and Beta are just for better visual of the
space):

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{pst-solides3d}
\begin {document}

\psset{Alpha=160,Beta=45}
\begin{pspicture}(0,-3.5)(7,3.5)
\pstThreeDCoor[nameX=$x_0$,nameY=$y_0$,nameZ=$z_0$,xMin=0,xMax=0.75,yMin=0,yMax=0.75,zMin=0,zMax=0.75]
\pstThreeDLine[RotZ=45](0,0,0)(1,0,0)
\pstThreeDDot[dotscale=1.5](0,0,0)

The next example shows a line with the same length 1 rotating about the
z-axis located at (1,2,0) 45 degrees:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{pst-solides3d}
\begin {document}

\psset{Alpha=160,Beta=45}
\begin{pspicture}(0,-3.5)(7,3.5)
\pstThreeDCoor[nameX=$x_0$,nameY=$y_0$,nameZ=$z_0$,xMin=0,xMax=0.75,yMin=0,yMax=0.75,zMin=0,zMax=0.75]
\pstThreeDLine[](1,2,0)(1 45 cos add,2 45 sin add,0)
\pstThreeDDot[dotscale=1.5,drawCoor=true](1,2,0)

As seen on examples, apparently i can't define the rotation about a
user-defined point. I think that maybe I can specify that point but i don't
know how to do it and i cant find anything on the documentation. For other
side, using this rotating thing, i want to put a \pstThreeDCoor on an
specific point and specific rotation. If this is possible let me know how to
do it...

I appreciate if you could help me with this 2 issues about rotating objects
around a point different from (0,0,0) and putting and rotating
\pstThreeDCoor

Thanks again for the support

--
Att,

David Tarazona
Desarrollos Inteligentes - Mechcorp Ltda.
Tel: (57)(1) 700-6364