[pstricks] Trouble with \psSurface and direction of the hue

David Tarazona daleotar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 10:20:42 CEST 2010

Hello, my problem is this
I'm sure you've seen the graphs generated by matlab using the surf command
that works like \ psSurface. My problem is that I couldnt change the hue
will not appear on the X axis, ie if i see a XY view is that the gradient is
about the X but I could not find a way to make the be degraded on the Y axis
or Z axis (which is how it shows matlab).
thanks to solve my doubt.
Another issue than I have is that i want the same hue/gradient/degraded for
2 faces of the surface... The code of my function is:

\psSurface
[ngrid=72 72,linewidth=0.01pt,algebraic,hue=0
1](-3.1416,-3.1416)(3.1416,3.1416)
{(3-2*cos(x+y)-2*cos(x)+2*cos(y))^(1/2)}

if you see on the surface there are two "sub-peaks".If you graph this on
matlab you'll see that the "sub-peaks" can be easily differentiated of the
other parts of the surface like the maximum values thanks to the "color
gradient" through the Z axis, not through the X or Y axis, i mean, on matlab
you'll see by default the 2 sub-peaks on blue and the maximum values on
red...

I hope you understand what I mean...

I really appreciate any help.

thanks

--
Att,

David Tarazona
Desarrollos Inteligentes - Mechcorp Ltda.
Tel: (57)(1) 700-6364