[pstricks] Problem with an apparent conflict pst-3dplot and arydshln when using the beamer class

Bruce Burlton bruceburlton at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 13 23:03:53 CEST 2010

 seem to have found a "conflict" between pst-3dplot and arydshln when using the beamer class

In the example below, an error is produced during compilation if pst-3dplot is include, when using PDFLATEX in MIKTEX.  If I force thru the error, I get a result that looks alright.  If I remove the reference to pst-3dplot or use a different class, things seem to work (at least in my minimal testing)

Attached are a copy of the log file and also the resulting .pdf file

The minimal example is cut from one of several lectures I am preparing for my University class

Any suggestins at to what is wrong and how to fix or get around the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce Burlton
Adjunct Professor
Dept of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Carleton University

\documentclass{beamer}
\listfiles

%  package declarations

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}%
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-3dplot}%
%\usepackage{pstricks}%
\usepackage{arydshln}%

\begin{document}

  \begin{frame}
      \begin{equation*}
        \mbox{rank}\left[
           \begin{array}{c : c : c : c}
            \mathbf{B}& \mathbf{AB} & \cdots & \mathbf{A}^{n-1}\mathbf{B}\\
           \end{array}
         \right]=q<n
      \end{equation*}

      \begin{equation*}
        \mathbf{P}=\mbox{rank}\left[
           \begin{array}{c : c : c : c : c : c : c : c}
            \mathbf{f}_1& \mathbf{f}_2 & \cdots & \mathbf{f}_q & \mathbf{c}_{q+1} & \mathbf{c}_{q+2} & \cdots &\mathbf{v}_n\
           \end{array}
         \right]
      \end{equation*}

      \begin{equation*}
        \hat{\mathbf{A}}=\mathbf{P}^{-1}\mathbf{AP}=\left[
         \begin{array}{c : c}
           \mathbf{A}_{11} & \mathbf{A}_{12} \\
           \hdashline
           0 & \mathbf{A}_{22}