[pstricks] fusion, projection etc in pst3d-solides

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 20 06:20:20 CEST 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Zbigniew Nitecki wrote:

> Thanks for the advice.  I ran kpsewhich pst3d-solides.tex in my terminal, and got no response.
> However, since I knew that I had it in a pst3d-sldes folder inside my ~/Library/texmf folder, I moved that folder to trash.  Then my picture ran the way it was supposed to (ie, the output looked like Herbert's).  Running kpsewhich pst3d-solides.tex again in terminal, I still got no response (by which I mean it returned only a prompt).  But when I ran kpsewhich pstricks.sty, it responded with a location.
>
> As I said, I would like to clean up the structure of my various ancillary tex-related files in order to just use the TDS, but am afraid to do so on my own because I might eliminate something that I need but which is not included in the standard distribution  (over time, I have put into my user texmf folder files called bibtex, curve, doc, prosper, pst-fun, and then tex, which contains inside folders called context, plain, and latex;  the last contains my own macros (which I can recognize) as well as epigraph.sty, multienum.sty, paralist.sty, picins.sty, prosper.cls, and quotchap.sty. How can I tell which ones I can safely trust to the TDS and eliminate from my own folders?

I have a piece of software I use to try to keep font support files rational, but it works more generally. One of its menu selections (File->Find All Duplicates) finds all duplicate names within your texmf trees and show you the result as a text file. (This takes a few minutes to complete.) It is not polished software, but it works even if it is not pretty. Things to know:

1. For Mac OS X only.
2, For MacTeX 2010 and above only.
3. You need to keep the application TeXFontUtility.app in the same folder as TeXFonts.db or it won't run.

I uploaded it as

http://math.ucsd.edu/~msharpe/TeXFontManager.dmg

Michael