[pstricks] fusion, projection etc in pst3d-solides

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 19 18:32:59 CEST 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Zbigniew Nitecki wrote:

> OK, I ran the TeX Live Utility, but (1) my pst3d-solides.tex file in the user Library->texmf->tex->latex->pst-solides3d folder remains with date August 2009, and (2) I continue to get the error message noted in the email attached below the one I am replying to.
>
> I suspect that the problem is that over time, I have accumulated "special" packages which I have put into my texmf folder, and which (I suspect) the tex compiler looks at before searching the updated tree.  I think that the only stuff in there which is not standard is my own private macros inside a latex subfolder.  Is there a way to clear out the duplicate copies of things like pstricks packages leaving only those installed by MacTex 2010?  Or do I need to do it folder by folder?

The TeX Live Utility  only updates /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist, AKA TEXMFDIST. It does not touch your items in your TEXMFHOME folder, ~/Library/texmf, or in TEXMFLOCAL. Any file in one of the latter two trees takes precedence over those in TEXMFDIST. In a Terminal window, run

kpsewhich pst3d-solides.tex

to find which version is seen by TeX, and delete it if it is not in TEXMFDIST.

Michael