[pstricks] pstricks not working

hh-brasil at bol.com.br hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Sat Sep 18 14:53:02 CEST 2010

I solved the problem in the meantime by myself. I replaced
\usepackage{pstricks}
with
\include{pstricks97}
The version \usepackage[97]{pstricks} did not work. I could not find a sty-file pstricks97.sty -- and yes, I did run "texhash".
OS is Windows XP. And the file pstricks97.tex (together with a whole packet pstricks-TDS.tar.gz was placed in texmf-local and additionally in the folder
where I worked.

There is no problem now.

hh

Em 18/09/2010 05:32, Herbert Voss < Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de > escreveu:
Am 17.09.2010 23:29, schrieb hh-brasil at bol.com.br:

> A book (to be corrected) has now problems with pages when
> pstricks drawing commands are used.
> (e.g. psline(0,.4)(0,0)).

such a line cannot be a problem ...

> There seems to be a problem with the *.pro-file and maybe the
> pstricks version which was used 2005 and now (TeXlive2009).
> Anyway, no pages with pstricks-drawings could be shown with gsview
> (see error message) or translated to pdf with gs, Acrobat Pro, pstill or
> freePDF. Other pages have no problems.

then your tex and pro files are not compatible

> Comparing the psfile now and from 2006 it shows that pstricks.pro
> has been subjected to massive modifications.
> Is there a possibility to download the old pstricks files (and of course the
> pstricks.pro file) from CTAN which were included in TeXlive2005?

ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/