[pstricks] projections onto different planes in one picture (second comment)

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 31 02:37:18 CEST 2010

After sending the previous reply to Herbert, I noted some more phenomena which might help someone explain what is going on here.

First, while changing the range of the red curve (ycutfcn) from -1 0 to e.g. -2 0 had no effect,
adding a new curve, identical to this but with range 0 1 (and in my case linestyle=dashed) created a curve on the other side which does go all the way up to the top, as it should.

Second, though, changing the viewpoint was highly informative.  Changing from
viewpoint=18 65 30 rtp2xyz  to viewpoint=18 80 30 rtp2xyz made it clear that the red curve
is being projected, not onto the red plane, but onto the blue one.
And changing the second coordinate to a value above 80 (eg 105) made the blue plane and all the curves disappear: I got only the red plane.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155