[pstricks] The psbezier anomaly within pscustom has re-emerged.

Dwight Aplevich aplevich at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 26 20:20:23 CEST 2010

Some time ago, you  were kind enough to suggest a work-around for the
following behaviour:
inside of pscustom \psbezier takes only three arguments when it
follows another curve. The end of the preceding line is always
the starting point for the next one.
The suggested work-around is

\makeatletter
\def\<http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/pstricks>psbezier at ii{%
     \ifshowpoints true \else false \fi
     \<http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/pstricks>tx at OpenBezier
BezierShowPoints \fi}%
   \<http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/pstricks>end at OpenObj}
\makeatother

However, it appears that this does not fix recent PSTricks package versions.
I've updated my MikTeX 2.7 to the most recent version to confirm.

This behavior would seem to be a bug. The coordinate data defining a spline
depend on whether the path will be embedded in a \pscustom environment,
which may not be known when the coordinates are generated, and the first
segment may not be known.

The following example illustrates the problem:

\psset{unit=1in,cornersize=absolute,dimen=middle}%
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(0.75,0.5)%
\pscustom[fillstyle=solid, linecolor=black, fillcolor=lightgray]{
\psline(0,0)(0,0.5)(0,0.5)(0.5,0.5)
\psbezier(0.5,0.5)(0.625,0.5)(0.75,0.375)(0.75,0.25)
\psline(0.75,0.25)(0.75,0)(0.75,0)(0,0)
}%
\end{pspicture}%

Dwight Aplevich