[pstricks] A badly posed question concerning pst3d-solides

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 3 18:24:17 CEST 2010

That particular omission was an oversight---it is a macro for writing f(x,y,z)--- but it does not affect my question.
\newcommand{\fof}[1]{\of{f}{#1}}%function f
\newcommand{\fofxyz}{\fof{x,y,z}}%generic function f

My problem is that when I put my code snippet inside a minimal example, surrounded only by
\begin{document} and \end{document}, it prints fine, just like the one you got.
But when the same code is inside my larger document (which is way too long to post)
the sphere overwrites the nodes (dots) and labels---unless I use \rput* instead of \rput,
in which case they are not overwritten, but the dots appear inside white boxes.

I tried putting the full preamble of my long document into the minimal document,
to see if there was any package conflict, but it still compiles fine.
Nonetheless in the context of the whole long document the sphere overwrites the nodes.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155