[pstricks] can planes be fused with \pSolid surfaces? a desperate plea

Jean-Paul Vignault jpv at melusine.eu.org
Mon Aug 2 22:03:35 CEST 2010

I've got it ! It was not a bug, but it needs to be explain. I'd forget
this tricky aspect of object "plan".

Sometimes we need only draw a plane, so the solid type is well
designed for it. But sometimes we need more (example : for
projections), origin, range, scale, etc... so there is an other type
which i call "plantype".

Let create a plane with \psSolid and give it the name "myplane"

\psSolid[object=plan,
   definition=normalpoint,
   args={1.0 0.5 0.125 [-1.0 1.5 1]},
   action=none,
   ngrid=0.2 0.2,
   name=myplane,
]

2 variables are create :
    * "myplane" which design the plantype object
    * "myplane_s"  which design the solid type object

If you want apply a "fusion", you need solid type objects, so you call
the variable "myplane_s".

That's it !

Jean-Paul