[pstricks] Uneven capital letters when using pstricks

Dougherty, Michael michael.dougherty at swosu.edu
Fri Jul 30 23:08:39 CEST 2010

Yap is one Windoww-platform program to view dvi.  It's a little flakey at times, as I think it can get into a conflict when it and other programs (like latex) have a brief fight over which program has a lock on the dvi file.  Like xdvi in Linux, it likes to reload but sometimes can't, like when latex is messing with the file.  This doesn't seem to happen with xdvi, but yap (in the past anyhow) would give an error message if it happened to be trying to reload the dvi file while something else was locking or modifying it.

I don't think ghostview can view a dvi file, though when it reads the ps file it often has the dvi file's name appearing across the top, for some reason.

--Mike Dougherty