[pstricks] Normal arrows along a curve

James OtterzStuff at Bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 27 16:44:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to PS Tricks, I am trying to draw a (pretty) Neumann boundary
condition for a problem. What I need is the ability to place outward
normal vectors along a path. So given a curve, you could draw it with a
solid line or a dotted line - what I would like is to draw the line
solid, but in the places where it would have been dotted, to have an
small outward line with arrow. (or just a slightly smaller point size line)

How difficult is this? I bring up the similarity to a dotted line,
because if it could be implemented at the "line" level, then you could
easily draw lines with outward normal arrows using bezier curves, or
really anything.

Thanks for any help,

James