[pstricks] 3dplot -- contour of a function

Marco Daniel marco.daniel at mada-nada.de
Sun Jul 25 12:45:16 CEST 2010

  Hi,

thanks for the reply. I see you are using the ngrid option. I want to
get a surface-plot without any x or y lines.

I take the example of the pst-3dplot-doc.

Here You are using fillstyle=gradient. But it doesn't work with my example.

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{pst-3dplot}
\usepackage{pst-grad}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usepackage{pgfplots}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(-6,-4)(6,5)
  \psset{Alpha=10,Beta=30}
\psplotThreeD[plotstyle=curve,
     drawStyle=yLines,
     fillstyle=gradient,
     yPlotpoints=50,xPlotpoints=50,
    yPlotpoints=50,xPlotpoints=50,
     linestyle=none](0,1)(0,1){x y mul}
\end{pspicture}

\begin{pspicture}(-6,-4)(6,5)
   \psset{Alpha=45,Beta=15}
   \psplotThreeD[
     plotstyle=curve,
     drawStyle=yLines,
     fillstyle=gradient,
     yPlotpoints=50,xPlotpoints=50,
     linestyle=none](-4,4)(-4,4){
     x 3 exp x y 4 exp mul add x 5 div sub 10 mul
     2.729 x dup mul y dup mul add neg exp mul
     2.729 x 1.225 sub dup mul y dup mul add neg exp add}
\end{pspicture}

\begin{tikzpicture}
\begin{axis}[colormap/cool] \addplot3[surf,samples=10,domain=0:1,
shader=interp]
{(x*y)/(x^2+x^2)}; \end{axis}
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

I expect a picture like the tikz-picture :-)

regards
Marco