[pstricks] TeX memory exceeded

Antoine Pairet lists at pairet.be
Mon Jun 28 17:23:11 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 07:47 -0700, Herbert Voss wrote:
> can you put the data elsewhere for a download?

Here you are:
http://transvol.sgsi.ucl.ac.be/download.php?id=12f53346a95ee90d

If a second file is needed, here is another having the same symptoms:
http://transvol.sgsi.ucl.ac.be/download.php?id=edab4469d0c0cc1a

Do you think a solution could be to split the data across several .dat
files?
* file1.dat xi y1i  ... y20i
* file2.dat xi y21i ... y40i
* file3.dat xi y41i ... y60i
* etc.

As the both the .tex and the .dat files are generated from a python
script, this could be achieved easily. Moreover it would avoid the need
for "human" intervention as is needed with gnuplot (suggested by Michael
Sharpe).

Using TeXLive, I managed to increase TeX memory but it did not solved
the problem. I have added a large amount of memory (from 3000000 to
93000000):
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=93000000].

Increasing the TeX memory does not change the line at which the error
occurs which seems weird. Only the number of data seems to matter.

Best regards,
Antoine