[pstricks] How to do Braids with ps-tricks

Felix Hoffmann pummi at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 18:42:02 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am working on a diploma thesis in pure maths, which will need to
display some braids (not the ones, which are already implemented in
xyPic). They should look like that:

o    o     o
  |     |      |
  |     |      |
   \  /        |
    x         |
  /   \        |
o    o     o

But cool and not like the one I drew. I am always amazed from the
things, that are possible with ps-tricks, I guess that there is a
solution, but I don't know it yet. Of course it should be displayable
which part of the braid is on top of the other and vice versa. Most
appreciated would be a version, where I only tell the command which
braid parts to change in what manner.
Greetings,

Felix from Bonn, Germany