[pstricks] features for gantt-charts? Ore is there a solution already, and I can not find it?

tex at opialla.de tex at opialla.de
Fri Apr 16 09:50:53 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I am just trying to do a gantt-chart with pst-gantt, and getting along well, but
would like to know, if the following things are possible:

1.) As basis unit I use "Quarter", because "Month" is to fragmented to me for a
period of 3 years. But if I use non-integer-values for the task duration or
beginning, the decimals are put to the upper left corner of the drawing. The
tasks position (respective to the time-axis) are still moved, but I can not
really figure out how far the respective decimals make them move. (I would not
mind, about the decimals being plotted, for removing them I would use Inkscape)
It seems a little, that in the Calculation a Quarter is taken to be 6 weeks.
If I use TaskUnitType=Month, I get an error message stating I only should use
"Quarter". I also looked at "pst-gantt.tex" but could not find the definition
for "Quarter". So I would like to know, how to move the beginning of a task to
e.g., the third month of a quarter.

2.) Is it possible to only have the headings of the respective Years shown
(e.g., Year 1, Year 2) instead of the quarters, but still to retain the dashed
lines for each quarter? I think with showing all the Quarter Headings, makes it
to crammed.

3.) Is it possible to remove the border of bars for the respective tasks? Or to
have them follow the gradient as well as the filling of the bars as stated in
the last example in the pst-gantt-manual
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-gantt/pst-gantt-doc.pdf
)?

4.) I also would like to know if there is a different (more convenient) way to
get the task description in two lines, like in the third task in the example
below. It works, but seems to me a little hacked. I think many users would want
this, in order to be able to put longer descriptions in their tasks.

So here is my example code. The time descriptors are in german, since the output
shall be in german as well. Though there seems to be no difference with english
descriptors.

I could not really figure out, what "TaskUnitIntervalValue" does, so I
uncommented it. For this I also woult like to have enlightenment. ;-) When
somebody can figure out some of my requests I hereby volunteer to put nice
examples together to be added to the (for me obviously :-) little short)
package-manual.

\documentclass[11pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage{pst-gantt}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage{lscape}

\begin{document}

\begin{landscape}
\begin{PstGanttChart}[yunit=2,xunit=2.5,
  ChartUnitIntervalName=Quartal,
  ChartUnitBasicIntervalName=Quartal,
  %TaskUnitIntervalValue=4,
  TaskUnitType=Quartal,
  ChartShowIntervals]{12}{12}
  \PstGanttTask[TaskInsideLabel={Task1 0/3}]{0}{3}
  \PstGanttTask[TaskInsideLabel={Task2 3/2}]{3}{2}

\PstGanttTask[TaskInsideLabel={\begin{tabular}{@{}l@{}}multiline\\Task\dots\end{
tabular}}]{2}{3}
  \PstGanttTask[TaskInsideLabel={Task11 10/1}]{10}{1}
  \PstGanttTask[TaskInsideLabel={Task12 10/2}]{10}{2}
\end{PstGanttChart}
\end{landscape}

\end{document}

I could not really figure out, what "TaskUnitIntervalValue" does, so I
uncommented it. For this I also would like to have enlightenment. ;-) When
somebody can figure out some of my requests I hereby volunteer to put nice
examples together to be added to the (for me obviously :-) little short)
package-manual.

Hopefully, I made myself clear, I'm happy to provide any further details.
Thanks in advance,
Tobias