[pstricks] changing sizes of a PsTricks picture?

stefano franchi stefano.franchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:26:58 CEST 2010

Thanks Hebert and Antoine. Exactly what I needed. The psset trick is rather
neat---I hadn't understood you could use units to that effect.

Cheers,

Stefano

2010/3/29 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de>

> Am 29.03.2010 17:40, schrieb stefano franchi:
>
> > I am just beginning to use PsTricks and I am wondering if there are any
> > facilities to change the size of a picture. For instance, let's say I
> have
> > drawn a tree with  PsTricks, but the output is too large. Is there any
> way
> > to scale it down, or should I export  the output to eps and then reimport
> it
> > into Latex as picture?
>
> it depends to the Text, should it also be scaled or only
> the image? For both, simply use \resizebox (package graphicx), e.g.
>
> \resizebox{\linewidth}{!}{... the tree ...}
>
> or
>
> \psscalebox{0.5}{... the tree ...}
>
> Scaling only the image and not the text can be done with
>
> \psset{unit=0.5}
>
> Herbert

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA