[pstricks] tilted ellipses

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Mon Mar 15 14:09:00 CET 2010

The macro \pstellipse allows one to draw an ellipse with specified major and minor axes, provided these are parallel to the coordinate axes.
If I want to draw an ellipse whose axes are not parallel to the coordinate axes, it seems my choice is either to draw a \pstellipse and then rotate
it, or to use \pstThreeDEllipse, arranging my viewpoint to be from the z-axis.  Is there a planar macro with the functionality of the pstThreeD macro,
namely specify a center and a vector giving each of the semi-axes?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155