[pstricks] Pstricks and TexShop

Michael Sharpe mchl.sharpe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:35:32 CET 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Manel Sol Puig wrote:

> /usr/texbin/simpdftex: line 491: ps2pdf13: command not found
>
> ### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.3960-1258881076/esquema_1.pdf ()

Your document compiled without problems for me under TeXShop. I suggest

(a) Check that  /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf13 exists---it should be part of the standard MacTeX installation. If not, install a fresh copy of MacTeX 2009, which was released a coupe of weeks ago.
(b) Check that /usr/local/bin is on your PATH. Edit the file /etc/paths if necessary to add /usr/local/bin. (TeXShop should not really need this, as it supplies complete pathnames to programs.)
(c) Having done this, open Terminal, cd to where your .dvi and .ps are located and try to execute

ps2pdf13 esquima_1.ps

If these don't work, you need some expert help---join the MacTex mailing list and ask the question there.

Michael