[pstricks] pst-map3d

Sun Nov 15 00:13:14 CET 2009

Am 14.11.2009 23:35, schrieb Poul Riis:
> I just tried pst-map3d, using the example below.
> It doesn't work but I guess that the problem has to do with data handling.
>
> Exactly which data file should be downloaded and exactly which format
> conversions should be done - and how?

with current TeXLive2009 the data is installed in
/tex/generic/pst-geo/data and dataII
the files are compressed, but can be decompressed
by PostScript on the fly.

> \documentclass[10pt]{article}%
> \usepackage[dvips,svgnames,x11names]{xcolor}
> \usepackage{pst-map3d}
>
> \begin{document}\begin{pspicture}(-4,-4)(4,4)
> \psset{PHI=48.85,THETA=2.32,Decran=15,path=d:/miktex/wdb}

the only important fact is the correct path to the data,
which is read on PS-level. Run ghostscript
with option -dNOSAFER, te prvenet problems when running
the viewer from a GUI.