[pstricks] PSTricks Digest, Vol 82, Issue 8

hh hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Sat Nov 7 00:10:34 CET 2009

It is certainly not true that you need Win Edit. Of course you can
run dvips alone (I have a TeXLive standard installation on XP) and
can run e.g. "dvips main" without any problems in a "prompt window".
That would produce "main.ps".

Then to get a pdf version from your ps-file: Try FreePDF
(http://freepdf-xp.en.softonic.com/). It is very easy, allows high
resolutions (mine has 2540dpi now) and "prepress" (whatever that
means). Also - publishers insist - it can embed all fonts (even the
standard ones).  It handled cases where other (commercial) programs
stopped. And it is free!

Ghostscript must be installed on your computer.
hh