[pstricks] Improving Code

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 26 17:03:07 CET 2009

   I have a continuing need for plots of the same type that use a common set
of axes. To prevent re-inventing the wheel each time I want to write a set
of templates and re-use them as needed to create specific figures.

   The first template is for the axes. The following code produces the
results I want, but I'm sure there is a more efficient way of writing the
code to get these results. My particular concern is that I've not specified
units or lengths optimally. I would like you more experienced PSTricks
writers to suggest more efficient ways for me to generate a set of axes that
have the proportions, ticks, and labels as does the following code.

\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-plot}

\begin{document}
   \psset{xunit=0.1cm,yunit=5cm}
   \begin{pspicture}(-2,-2)(100,1)
     \psaxes[axesstyle=axes,Dx=10,Dy=0.25,tickstyle=bottom]{-}(100,1)
     \rput(50,-0.2){Domain}
     \rput{90}(-14,0.55){Membership Grade ($\mu$)}

Thanks in advance,

Rich