[pstricks] Colored text with pstricks in plain TeX

Christoph Bersch usenet at bersch.net
Fri Oct 16 14:27:25 CEST 2009

Herbert Voss schrieb:
> Christoph Bersch schrieb:
>
>> \input color
>> \input pstricks
>> \color{red} red text
>> \psline[linecolor=red](1,1)(3,3)
>> \bye
>>
>> -> Error: /stackunderflow in --setrgbcolor--
>>
>> \input pstricks
>> \input color
>> \color{red} red text
>> \psline[linecolor=red](1,1)(3,3)
>> \bye
>>
>> -> Error: /undefined in rgb
>
> in some cases it works in other not. color is a real latex package
> and not intend to use with tex. define your own \colro and \textcolor
> macros.

Ok, didn't know that. I thought color.tex is for color support in plain TeX.

To give some background:

I am completely reworking the PSTricks driver for gnuplot to support all
features and give full color support using 'xcolor'. But this would be
usable only with LaTeX.
To retain basic color support also for use with TeX I was hoping that I
could use the same makros \textcolor and \color in plain TeX.

I have to see how I can manage this.

Christoph